Fr. Finian is a catholic priest who has a vast working experience of over 18 years as pastor, school administrator, chaplain and psycho-spiritual therapist and counsellor. He has had his trainings from affiliated institutions in Italy Europe, and further trainings in Nigeria, West Africa and Kenya in East Africa. His training has spanned priestly/pastoral formation from 1995-2003, Education from 2005-2006, Psycho-spiritual therapy and counselling from 2015-2017. He has also had other trainings in computer application 2008, Training for animators of community based care and support program for people living with HIV/AIDS 2011, Capacity building training for teachers 2012, Professional officers induction trainings on areas like financial management, human relations, personnel management, administration, community development and organizational conflict management 2012. He has also had trainings in Professional counselling supervision 2019.
- Associate Priest In Charge, Martyrs Of Uganda Catholic Church, Kuru, Plateau State, Nigeria 2003-2004
- Associate Priest In Charge, St. Peter’s Catholic Church, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria 2004-2005
- Priest In Charge, St. Brendan’s Catholic Church, Quan Pan, Plateau State, Nigeria 2006-2007
- Priest In Charge, St. James Catholic Church, Pankshin, Plateau State, Nigeria 2007-2014
- Parish Priest, Holy Family Parish Daffo, Bokkos, Plateau State, Nigeria 2018-To date
- Chaplain, Catholic Chaplaincy, University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria 2005-2006
- Chaplain, Catholic Chaplaincy, Plateau State College of Health Technology, Pankshin, Plateau State, Nigeria 2017
- Chaplain, Catholic Chaplaincy, Nigerian Prisons Service, Pankshin, Plateau State, Nigeria 2017
- Principal, MCauley Memorial Secondary School, Pankshin, Plateau State, Nigeria 2007-2015
- .Psycho-spiritual therapy and counselling 2015-Date
- . Asumbi Treatment Center for victims of substance abuse 2016
As a pastor of ecclesiastical communities my roles include:
-Providing pastoral and spiritual leadership for Christians and members of communities
-Ensuring peaceful co-existence among Christians, people of other faiths and members of the community in general
As a chaplain of institutions and correctional facility my roles included:
Providing general guidance and counselling services for both staff and students
-Providing psycho-social support and counselling for inmates
-Facilitating religious activities and promoting spiritual and moral wellbeing for staff and students
As a school principal or administrator my roles included
-Providing strategic direction in the school system.
-Developing and implementing the use of standardized curricula, assessing teaching methods and monitoring student achievement.
-Revising policies and procedures while ensuring and enhancing compliance with best educational practices.
-Planning and Administering school budget.
-Hiring and evaluation of staff performance.
-Overseeing the proper use of facilities for enhancing education and life.
As a psycho-spiritual therapist and counsellor my work includes
-Providing psycho-spiritual and social support to individuals and communities.
-Providing psycho-spiritual, psycho-social support and counselling for substance abuse victims.
-Trauma counselling and healing for individuals and communities in trauma situations.
-Facilitating personal conflict and mental health therapy for clients
-Facilitating psycho-education and enlightenment for individuals, groups and communities on psycho-spiritual, psycho-social and mental health counselling
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES AND ORGANISATIONS
Member, The Catholic Jos Archdiocesan Education Commission 2007-2014. Member, The Catholic Jos Archdiocesan Secondary Schools Education Committee 2007-2014. Member, The Pankshin Diocesan Secondary Schools Education Committee 2014-2015. Member, All Nigerian Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPPS) Plateau State Branch 2007-2015. Member, Association of Proprietors/ Principals of Voluntary Agency Schools 2007-2015. Member, Nigerian Catholic Priests Association: Jos Archdiocese 2002-2014. Member, Nigerian Catholic Priests Association: Pankshin Diocese 2014 to date.